Friday, February 26, 2010

Escape From Reality

7:59 AM by Subtle_Hints · 0 comments

Let's face it, most of us would love to have an opportunity to escape from reality. To be able to sit back, relax, have fun, take on an adventure, and maybe to fall in love. I've had my moments when reality was just too fast and too tiring, that I want to be lost in another world. And so began my fascination with books. I have not read a hundred books, but I do know some great works of fiction that was able to pull me in within the story and even be able to relate to the characters. With this, I give you my current favorite books. ^__^

First Book: The Mortal Instruments Series

There are three books in this series written by Cassandra Clare. This is a young adult/urban fantasy genre, with unique set of characters and not to mention a very unique plot. I loved this book simply because of it's characters. The characters were believable and the story enabled them to grow and you would know more about them as you read through the story. You would come to love them as if you really do know them personally. And the story- the story was just plain awesome! The twists and the turns was well-written. All in all, it is a great read indeed.




Second Book: The Bridgerton Series

If you want to fall in love, read The Bridgerton Series by Julia Quinn. It's as simple as that. You could choose who you want to fall in love with: either to a Duke (The Duke and I), a Viscount (The Viscount who Loved Me), a Rake (Romancing Mr. Bridgerton), or I can list them all down and I would never be able to finish this article. ^__^

So anyway, this series is set in the Regency Era, and it has all the ingredients for a romance novel and more. The heroines are feisty and strong-willed, the heroes are far from being perfect but still absolutely perfect with their imperfections (if you know what I mean ^^). So yes, if you want to have a relaxing, feel-good day, you should definitely read this series.





Third Book: The Alchemist


The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is one of the most inspirational books I have ever read. The book was about following your dreams, and being courageous enough to follow and fulfill it. Paulo Coelho had written so many great and memorable books, but this one really touched my heart and my life. As I read through the pages, I also went with the characters, and journeyed with them. So if you want to remember what it feels like to dream, and dream big, this books is an absolute must-read! ^^






These are only a few of my own "Books you can't put down". Hope I had given you ideas on what books you want to take on next. ^__^ I'm off to reading another Julia Quinn novel, so I better cut this article short ^__^ See ya! :)

comments

0 Responses to "Escape From Reality"