Friday, December 4, 2009

Cruelty to Animals: Stop and Reflect

6:31 AM by Subtle_Hints · 0 comments

Animal cruelty was never new to me. I have known about these problems growing up, but truth be told, I’ve never put too much thought about standing up for those animals or even lead a campaign against the said cruelties. But one night, while I took my time surfing the net and updating my stats in Facebook, a friend of mine sent me a link to a certain video that was posted on Facebook. I would want to put the video here, simply because I don’t ever want to watch it again. And yes, maybe it is a better idea to put the said video in order to open the minds of people, to move them into making a stand. So if you want to watch the video just search Youtube and put in the search panel “truth about fur”.

To put it simply, I watched animals being stepped on, their heads slammed hard on pavements, and worst- skinned alive. Yes, the truth about those fur coats, those bags, wallets, clothes that have animal skin on them, was clearly presented in that video. Though I am certainly not guilty of all these cruelty, I can still see their wounded faces, their eyes that seem to plea for help. And I see myself reflecting, what have they done to us that they deserve to be treated like that? They may not be human like us, nor are they capable of logic (this is still debatable ^^ ) but they still have life. Blood still flows within their veins, their heart still beats the same way we, humans have blood and heart beating within our chest.

I am writing this to make a stand. I may not be able to campaign or walk around streets carrying placards saying “STOP CRUELTY TO ANIMALS” but I’m making a stand in the way I know how. I do hope people will care to read this post and do hope to be curious enough as to search that video so that their eyes may be opened to the reality that these issues does exist. I know that I will never be the same after watching that video, and I never want to forget it no matter how sick it may be, so that I will always be reminded that these animals deserve to be treated with respect like you would respect any other creation of God

comments

0 Responses to "Cruelty to Animals: Stop and Reflect"